Monday, August 10, 2009

Nana blankets

A post about the kiddo, who is 14 months and counting. He learned to walk a couple of weeks ago. Today, he circled the interior of the house a couple of times without falling down. Good stuff!

Yesterday he got up on the couch, pulled 2 blankets up around himself, and sat. (This kid doesn't do much sitting still.) I gave him the comics to read. The blanket on the left is a quilt that Brian's grandmother made. The afghan is a quilt that my nana made.

Later, he pulled the blanket over next to me, snuggled up (snuggled! This is a kid committed to movement!), and we read a book together. He pointed out the dinosaurs' trucks, blocks, and 4 balls. Oh my, I could get used to this.

Later, he chased me around the house. I stopped and held the camera behind me as he was walking up. I love the way the stripes on his shirt blur.

And thanks to Emily, who entertained C. in the water, and then fed him some yogurt at home. He was entranced. Especially with Emily's very imitatable face.

No comments: