Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Slide & The Truck

The orange slide from Cousin Cheryl came inside for the winter. There's not as much space to slide around in, but there's Trucks!

BTW, this post's photos are about seeing the world the way my kid seems to see it: piecemeal, intense, object-driven.

Tech notes: I'm using a 50mm lens for these shots, and with the 1.62 lens factor on the dSLR, the lens is longer. I took a few frames to figure out exposure, then set it manually to f/2 at 1/60 at ISO 640. I took out some of the tungsten-yellow in post-process, but the orange of his sweater and the slide were so yummy that I didn't want to cool them off completely.

I think I wanna print out that second picture immensely large. The spray of his fingers is what gets me the most.

2 comments:

Mike Lynch said...

>piecemeal, intense, object-driven

Yes. Never thought of that before. Wow! Insightful!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mssrs. B & C!

Cheryl said...

i agree, it would make an awesome photo. how exciting to have provided and object to have such prominence in your sons life.