Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Niki Tsongas 24-hour power tour

Campaign kickoff tour for Niki Tsongas. 11 hours with a really committed bunch of people. Niki's 3 daughters were with her for most of the day.

I rode on the bus. :)

The night before, I packed the car with a light stand, extension cord, umbrella, and off-camera flash unit. Alien Bee 800 or something. Also brought along an extra body, 2 on-camera flashes, bracket, and 3 zooms - wide, portrait, tele. And lots of batteries, flash cards.

Since we took the bus from Lowell and would end up in Methuen when I was done 11 hours later, where I'd head out to a board meeting afterwards, Brian was able to link up with my mom and drive the car to Shadi's in Methuen, then head back home to keep illustrating. Outstanding.

I was reluctant to leave the gear in the car, but when common sense prevailed and I got a look at everything we'd be doing during the day, I decided to leave the cumbersome stuff behind. Eventually I took the camera off the flash bracket and shot natural light, wide f-stop. I'm pretty satisfied with the shots, and have been seeing them pop up all over the internet, so someone likes them too. Part of the gig was giving the campaign all the repro rights to the images. There's nothing better than seeing good images used well, so kudos.

No comments: